Yvonne's Adult Amputee Leg Warmers:
Pattern provided by:
Samples were knit with 60 g of Yeoman's Cashmilon 4-ply 100% acrylic yarn at tension 3/3 on a standard gauge machine with ribber.
1. Arrange 140 needles in upper work position for 1x1 rib. Work a double bed e-wrap cast-on by taking the yarn under the first needle on the left, then around it for an e-wrap, go behind the next needle and around it, continue across the bed keeping the yarn snug. You will be wrapping clockwise on the ribber needles and counter-clockwise on the main bed needles.
2. COR, RC000. Knit 1 row at the desired tension. Hang the comb and weights. Knit to RC120.
3. Transfer the ribber stitches to the main bed stitches so there are 2 stitches on each needle for a total of 70 needles. Keep the empty needles in non-working position. Knit 2 rows of stocking stitch.
4. Take off on a garter bar or waste yarn and reduce to 35 stitches by rehanging with 2 stitches on each needle. Knit 2 rows.
5. Take off on a garter bar or waste yarn and reduce the stitches by rehanging *3 stitches on 1 needle, 2 stitches on 1 needle* and repeat this across the row. Knit 2 rows.
6. Cut the yarn leaving a long tail. Gather up by threading a tapestry needle with the tail and removing the remaining stitches onto it. Mattress stitch the seam.
Return to Freebies
Return to top