Pattern provided by:
Pat and Yvonne's Snazzy Tube Socks
Yarns: Spectrum Detroit DK or Bramwell Roselan DK
Pattern #1 - Standard Machine - no ribber
Stockinet Gauge - 7 st and 9 rows = 2.5 cm (1 inch) Bramwell Roselan
Pattern #2 - Mid Gauge
Stockinet Gauge - 5 st and 6 rows = 2.5 cm (1 inch) Bramwell Roselan
Pattern #3 - Standard Machine with ribber
Rib tension 7
Stockinet tension 9
Rib Gauge - 5 st/5 ribber st and 8 rows = 2.5 cm
E-wrap cast on over 60 stitches. Hang cast-on comb.
RC0 Knit 100 rows in stockinet.
RC0 COR. Hold position on Carriage (Brother) or russel levers to 1 on Studio.
· Put 30 st opposite carriage to hold position (D Studio, E Brother).
· Decrease down to 7 stitches; ie. Pull 1 needle to hold on carriage side until the 7 stitches remain. Then increase back until all stitches right of zero are in working position; ie. Return 1 st to upper working position (UPW = C Studio; D Brother) opposite the carriage each row. Take carriage off hold position.
· Knit 1 row across all stitches. Be sure to release 1 stitch each side of knitting. Take these two end stitches off on waste.
· Graft the stitches for the toe or stitches may be hung back on the machine for a bound off toe seam.
· Unravel first released stitch (this forms a loop) using a latch hook. Take 2 loops from one side through 2 loops from the other side. This will produce an interesting seam similar to afghan joining.
Pattern 2: Mid gauge (yarn - Bramwell Roselan)
· E-Wrap cast-on 20 - 20.
· Knit to row 90.
· Decrease to 9 st (same method as in pattern 1).
· Return all stitches until all are working. Knit 1 row. Take off on waste yarn.
· Finishing as above in pattern 1.
Pattern 3: Standard machine with ribber
Cast on 60 st in 1 x 1 rib.
· Rib 120 rows.
· Transfer rib stitches to main bed. Knit 1 row.
· Tension 9, decrease to 14 st using same method as pattern 1.
· Return stitches to work until all are working. Take off on waste yarn.
· Finishing is the same for all snazzy tube socks.
Return to Freebies
Return to top