Pat's Holiday Accessory:
Pattern provided by:
This makes a nice parcel decoration or add a pin and wear it during the holiday season.
Samples were knit in red and white with Yeoman 4-ply Acrylic at tension 7 on standard gauge (Bramwell Roselan at tension 3 on mid-gauge).
1. RC000. E-wrap cast on over 30 (20) stitches using red yarn.
2. Knit 10 (8) rows.
3. RC010 (008), COR. Cast off 5 (3) stitches; casting off around the gate pegs will give a nice loose cast off. Knit 1 row. Cast off 5 (3) stitches.
4. Knit 15 (12) rows. RC026 (021).
5. Turn the work using a garter bar or waste yarn. Break the red yarn and weave in the end.
6. With white yarn, knit 1 row and weave in the end. Knit 9 (5) rows. Cast off loosely (around the gate pegs if possible).
7. Fold in half and mattress stitch the seam. Decorate with sequins, small stars or glitter. Or crochet a fancy edge around the cuff with a shiny yarn.
Return to Freebies
Return to top